BASIC SCIENCE ACHIEVEMENT TEST (BAT)
SECTION A: PERSONAL BIO-DATA
School always supervised: Yes [ ] No [ ]
Gender: Female [ ] Male [ ]
Class: JSS1 [ ] JSS2 [ ] JSS3 [ ]
SECTION B: OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS
Instruction: Tick only one option each in each test item.
- _____ is example of measuring instrument (a) Tape rule (b) book (c) money (d) biro.
- In measuring are start counting from ___ (a) downward (b) middle (c) upward (d) none of the above.
- Measurement are useful because they help provide ____ (a) weight (b) accurate result (c) knowledge (d) volume.
- The type of measurement used to measure depends on ___ (a) size (b) weight (c) length (d) properties.
- Measurement act as ___ (a) labels (b) details (c) information (d) values.
- ___ is a quantification of a dimension (a) length (b) volume (c) measurement (d) height.
- ___ is used to measure the length of an object (a) meter rule (b) tape rule (c) book (d) piece of tread.
- ___ is used in measuring weight (a) scale (b) ruler (c) tape rule (d) string.
- ___ is used in measuring liquid substance (a) tape rule (b) measuring cylinder (c) biro (d) book.
- ___ is needed in measuring (a) accuracy (b) talking (c) distraction (d) motivation.
- Fruits are formed from ____ (a) mature ovary (b) stem (c) leave (d) root
- Fruits are classified into ______ and ____ groups (a) true and false fruits (b) seed and fruits (c) stem and leaf (d) mesocarp and endocarp
- ____ is the type of fruit that develops solely from a fertilized ovary (a) false fruit (b) true fruit (c) fleshy (d) dry fruit
- ____ is the type of fruit that is formed from the ovary (a) true fruits (b) false fruits (c) dry fruit (d) dehiscent
- The pericarp of a being consist of ____ and _____ (a) seed and fruit (b) leaf and mesocarp (c) stem and root (d) endocarp and succulent mesocarp
- ____ fruits develops from a flower with a single ovary (a) simple fruit (b) composite fruit (c) fleshy fruit (d) dry fruit
- ____ fruit develops from a single flower with several ovaries (a)composite fruit (b) aggregate fruit (c) dry fruit (d) simple fruit
- ____ fruit develops from an inflorescent or flowers positioned very close to one another (a) composite fruit (b) aggregate fruit (c) simple fruit (d) fleshy fruit
- All these are example of living things except. (a) Pen (b) fish (c) goat (d) man
- ______ have ability to move from one place to another (a) phone (b) table (c) rat (d) living thing. Basic Science Achievement Test (BAT)
Peter Hezekiah Lawson (Sir Pee). The CEO of Sir Pee Integrated Services and www.libraryguru.com and www.projectvilla.com.ng. A reputable researcher, ICT Instructor and a publisher of many research works in Education.