P-Yes: Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme aims is to create at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities through Direct Youth Empowerment over a minimum period of two years. The P-YES scheme covers the “Youth” defined in the Nigerian National youth policy (2009) as male and female individuals whose ages are between 18 and 40 years old.
P-Yes: Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) is structured as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative driven by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs (OSAPYSA). The program is targeted at providing solutions to the challenges of youth unemployment, through the execution of direct empowerment initiatives.
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) has been conceived and designed to Fight and reduce unemployment among Nigerian youth by creating at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities.
- Train and empower youth to have the capacity to empower at least one other youth within his/her immediate community.
- Create wealth among the growing youth population.
- Guarantee sustained income for the target group.
- Fight the scourge of criminality and drug abuse among the youth by empowering them to be productively engaged.
- Help achieve the financial inclusion strategy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Enhance production, productivity and value addition for new and existing urban and rural entrepreneurs across the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria on a sustainable basis.
- Consolidate and integrate youth development into the mainstream of government policies, programmes, and the national budget.
- Build the capacity of the youth to enable them to take charge of their own wellbeing and future by building their assets and realizing their potentials.
- To integrate the youth into the Economic Diversification policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Contribute to GDP growth through the development of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs)
P- YES Training
The youth will undergo training in multiple vocations such as agriculture, Information technology, fashion, catering, technology acquisition, and many other strategic vocations
Empowerment Successful trainees will be equipped with Seed Empowerment Tools (SET)s such as rice mills, poultry accessories, branded mobile kiosks, farm implements, mobile restaurants, tents, photography units etc.
P-YES Operation Framework
The scheme is to be administered under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, and coordinated by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs.
Seed Empowerment Tools (SET)
Youth will undergo training and practical skills acquisition programmes in multiple vocations. The beneficiaries will be given Seed Empowerment Tools (SET), which they are expected to grow and further empower other members of their community.
P-YES Seed Incubation Programme
The P-YES Seed Incubation Programme (PSIP) is anchored on the principle of two for one. That is, each of the 774,000 beneficiaries is expected to reproduce at least one beneficiary over a period of 12 months after being empowered with a seed business tool.
The P-YES Programme
The scheme is designed as an incubation Programme whereby youth will be directly empowered with Seed Empowerment Tools (SET) with the aim of creating multiple layers of empowerment.
Monitoring, Compliance, and Evaluation
The execution of the scheme will be monitored by an Impact Assessment, Compliance and Evaluation Monitoring Team. The team has the mandate to ensure that beneficiaries of the scheme operate within the guidelines of the scheme.
The P-YES office has a beneficiary management team to undertake the following:
- Monitor beneficiaries’ usage of empowerment tools.
- Monitor the growth pattern of the business the beneficiary undertakes.
- Ensure that the beneficiary understands and implements the scope of the scheme.
- Ensure that the beneficiary mentors and establishes another person in the business he or she engages in over a period of twelve months from the date of benefiting from the scheme.
Expectations From Beneficiaries
At the end of the training the beneficiaries will be expected to:
- Be productively skillful in chosen areas of vocation.
- Ensure the sustenance of benefits derived from P-YES.
- Mentor other members of their community.
- Ensure all empowerment tools in their care are properly maintained and utilised.
- Ensure knowledge transfer around their communities.
- The beneficiary is expected to display the ability to drive his or her business profitably with a clear capacity for growth.
Return on Investments (ROI) Model
The P-YES initiative has developed an ROI model that will be given to every selected beneficiary. The purpose of the ROI model is to help the beneficiaries keep track of their business to ensure profitability.
The tracker also serves as a tool for efficient monitoring and assessment by the P-YES monitoring team.
The programme also has put in place reward schemes for participants who have profitably operated their business over a period of one year.
Click HERE to Apply